Digital Persuasion with Erin Gargan
How many emails do you delete or scroll past every day without even reading them? Just taking a minute to think about that should give you a good idea of how utterly ineffective most marketing emails are. So what does it take to stand out in a crowded inbox? Today’s guest is here to tell us.
Erin Gargan is an award-winning entrepreneur, best-selling author, and digital persuasion expert who helps sales, marketing, and event professionals become more persuasive online communicators. She sold her first two companies—Jump Digital Media and PMS.com—before the age of 30, and in 2010, she founded Socialite Agency, a social media firm whose clients include The Oscars, ABC/Disney, VISA, Target, Hitachi, Siemens, and more.
In this episode, Erin breaks down her sales messaging formula that has been leveraged by some of the world’s biggest brands and shares advice from her new book, Digital Persuasion: Sell Smarter in the Modern Marketplace. Listen in to learn how to avoid the common mistakes most email marketers make and what you can do to stand out online.
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- The big mistake most email senders make.
- How to digitally differentiate yourself to keep people from scrolling past your emails.
- Why the classic sales message doesn’t work.
- What kind of soft outreach makes people more receptive.
- Two factors that makes us behave differently online than we do in person.
- What types of niceties are perceived as rude from behind the screen.
- The technique that leads to the highest open rates for person-to-person persuasion emails.
Key Resources for Erin Gargan:
- Connect with Erin Gargan: Website | LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook
- Amazon: Digital Persuasion: Sell Smarter in the Modern Marketplace
- Kindle: Digital Persuasion: Sell Smarter in the Modern Marketplace
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below