Adrian Swinscoe is a customer experience consultant and advisor, as well as a frequent writer, podcaster, conference speaker, panelist, and interviewer. Today, he interviews Roger about how friction—defined as any unnecessary or wasted effort, time, or money in accomplishing a task—impacts not only our experience as customers, but also our everyday lives.
Listen in to discover how friction can hinder everything from the success of businesses to breaking bad habits, as well as some areas where friction can actually be a good thing. You’ll learn how to identify friction and what we can do to reduce it in our lives.
Learn how friction impacts not only our experience as customers, but also our everyday lives with @AdrianSwinscoe, author of HOW TO WOW. #customerexperience #cx #customerservice Click To Tweet
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- What friction is and how it affects us.
- How companies can reduce friction in their customer experience.
- The reason most items get left in ecommerce shopping carts.
- Ethical considerations when it comes to eliminating friction.
- How the paradox of choice manifests as friction.
- Examples of good friction.
- One of the simplest tricks for breaking bad habits and creating good ones.
- How a Japanese company reduced friction to make workers more efficient.
- What we can do to reduce friction in our own lives.
Key Resources for Adrian Swinscoe:
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below