This week on The Brainfluence Podcast, I am honored to welcome one of the most experienced practitioners in the neuromarketing industry – Darren Bridger. Darren is the co-founder of two pioneering neuromarketing companies: NeuroCo and The MindLab. Darren has degrees in Psychology and Psychological Research Methods; and in his spare time, he has written books on marketing, decision-making, and memory.
While the industry was still in its infancy, Darren developed new techniques from scratch, combining different tools such as neuro, bio, eye-tracking, and psychological measures. Altogether, these tools provide a range of tailored solutions for areas such as advertising research, product development, and public relations.
In 2009, Darren’s company, NeuroCo, sold to NeuroFocus. Darren stayed on to set up NeuroFocus’ neuro lab for a leading global consumer electronics company based in Seoul, North Korea. During his time in Korea, he conducted an intense and varied program of neuromarketing studies spanning innovative work on mobile phones, tablets, televisions and household appliances.
Over the past four years, Darren has run scores of neuromarketing studies in over 20 countries throughout Europe and in Russia, Middle East and Asia for leading multi-nationals in FMCG, Beverages, Financial Services, Telecoms, Retail, Pharma, Media and Entertainment.
Darren is currently a consultant at NeuroStrata, a firm that helps clients employ a variety of neurological and biometric services across separate yet complementary methodologies. He joins me today to share his incredible journey and hard-earned knowledge gleaned from over sixteen years of experience. Listen in to learn how you can apply Darren’s techniques in your own business.
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are still feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast, and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- The events that led to Darren’s founding of NeuroCo.
- The myths about the brain that has been popularized by media.
- Why Darren feels that neuromarketing has changed over the past ten years.
- Why infographics are so popular on the internet.
- How to use visual saliency in your marketing plan.
- Connect with Darren: Darren Bridger | NeuroStrata | Twitter | LinkedIn | GoodReads
- Amazon: Decoding the Irrational Consumer: How to Commission, Run and Generate Insights from Neuromarketing Research (Marketing Science) by Darren Bridger
- Kindle Version: Decoding the Irrational Consumer: How to Commission, Run and Generate Insights from Neuromarketing Research (Marketing Science) by Darren Bridger
- Mindlab International
- Dr. David Lewis
- Brainfluence Ep #6: Shopper Science, Big Data, and Neuromarketing with Dr. David Lewis
- Inside Out
- Amazon: Nudge: Improving Decisions About Health, Wealth, Happiness by Richard Thaler and Cass Sunstein
- Amazon: Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
- Apple Watch
- Advertising Research Foundation
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below