My guest this week on The Brainfluence Podcast is Poornima Vijayashanker, the founding engineer at Mint. She explains how to go from idea to code based on real-world experience. Poornima is an entrepreneur, engineer, author, and speaker who has made her mark on the tech world. At Mint, she helped build, launch, and scale the product until it was acquired by Intuit. Following the acquisition, Poornima went on to launch Femgineer, an education company for tech professionals and entrepreneurs who want to learn how to build software products and companies.
Poornima speaks at industry events around the world and has authored the book, How to Transform Your Ideas into Software Products, and Present! The Techie’s Guide to Engaging an Audience with Karen Catlin. Poornima has served as the entrepreneur-in-residence at 500 Startups and lectured at her alma mater’s Pratt School of Engineering.
I invited Poornima to share her incredible experiences with technology and the entrepreneurial world. Listen in to discover how you can break into the software and tech space, find the engineers who can make it happen, and get the customers to help you develop and grow your business beyond your wildest dreams.
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are still feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast, and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- Why Mint crushed bigger, older players in its financial software space.
- How to find beta testers for your product.
- Poornima’s steps for helping engineers be more receptive to your ideas.
- How you can emulate Style Seat’s co-founder’s method of finding a technical co-founder.
- Poornima’s tips for finding a committed technical asset for your business.
- Connect with Poornima: Femgineer | Blog | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube
- Amazon Kindle: How to Transform Your Ideas into Software Products: A step-by-step guide for validating your ideas and bringing them to life! by Poornima Vijayashanker
- How to Transform Your Ideas into Software Products by Poornima Vijayashanker
- Present! The Techie’s Guide To Engagine An Audience by Poornima Vijayashanker & Karen Catlin
- Lee Iacocca
- Elon Musk
- Sales Force
- Melody McCloskey
- Dev Bootcamp
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below