Any good marketer should try to keep up with Google’s ever-changing metrics, and Rand Fishkin is one of the best resources for doing so. Rand is the founder of SparkToro, and was previously cofounder of Moz and Inbound.org. He’s dedicated his professional life to helping people do better marketing through the Whiteboard Friday video series and his blog. He also shares business advice—as well as his personal story—in his new book, Lost and Founder: A Painfully Honest Field Guide to the Startup World.
In this episode, Rand shares the stories behind his entrepreneurial adventures and misadventures, as well as the major lessons he learned along the way. Listen in to hear what Rand says every entrepreneur must keep in mind when looking into funding, timely SEO advice for businesses, and more.
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- The common misconception about venture-backed entrepreneurs.
- What every entrepreneur should keep in mind when looking into funding.
- Unexpected inflection points that changed Moz’s direction.
- The surprising truth about the common markers for success in the entrepreneurial world.
- Which kind of growth hacks worked well for Moz.
- The powerful lesson Rand learned about transparency.
- Why it’s not always good to reduce friction for people to sign up for your list.
- Specific things that make “great content” effective.
- The top few things businesses should concentrate on to get more organic traffic.
Key Resources for Rand Fishkin:
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below
Full Episode Transcript: