Steve Bistritz knows firsthand how to work with C-level executives. With over 40 years of high-tech sales, sales management, and training management experience—as well as over 27 years working with IBM in sales and training-related positions—Steve is the President and Founder of sales training and consulting company SellXL.com. He is also a popular keynote speaker and the co-author of the best-selling book Selling to the C-Suite: What Every Executive Wants You to Know About Successfully Selling to the Top.
In this episode, Steve shares key takeaways from the book, which provides expert advice rooted in 10 years of empirical research conducted through interviews with C-Suite executives in 500 diverse companies and government bodies. Listen in to learn how to gain access to the most relevant executives for any buying decision, common mistakes that too many salespeople make, and more.
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- What executives are looking for from salespeople.
- The three components of value—and which two most salespeople forget.
- How the role of a salesperson today differs from what it’s been historically.
- The best way to get to executives.
- Why tips for bypassing the gatekeeper aren’t a good idea.
- The unique way Steve defines “a relevant executive” for a sales opportunity.
- How the internet and social media have changed the process of selling and preparing for meetings.
- One of the first things you should do before you make a call to a client executive.
- The three stages of the buying process—and when higher-level executives are most likely to be involved.
- Important advice for optimizing your LinkedIn profile.
Key Resources for Steve Bistritz:
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below
Full Episode Transcript: