Jeffrey Shaw is many things: a photographer, an entrepreneur, the host of popular business podcast Creative Warriors, a featured storyteller on The Moth, a nationally acclaimed keynote speaker, and the author of LINGO: Discover Your Ideal Customer’s Secret Language and Make Your Business Irresistible. As one of the most sought-after portrait photographers in the U.S. for more than three decades, Jeffrey has photographed the families of such notables as Tom Seaver, Pat Riley, David Bloom, and Stephanie Seymour, and his portraits have appeared on the Oprah Show, in People and O Magazines, and more.How you can find your customer's secret language with @jeffreyshaw1, author of LINGO. #sales #marketing Click To Tweet
But his keen eye isn’t just for photography. Jeffrey has also honed his ability to sense the needs of others, as well as trends in business. He uses this skill to teach entrepreneurs how to attract their ideal customers by speaking their secret language, and he joins us this episode to share his expertise. Listen in to learn what it takes to build a brand people trust, how to avoid the common mistakes too many entrepreneurs make, and where to start learning and developing lingo that will resonate with customers.
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- The classic mistake most entrepreneurs make.
- Jeffrey’s unusual strategy for building a business—and why it’s far more relevant today than it has ever been.
- Why most entrepreneurs build their businesses backwards.
- What it takes to build a relationship of trust with customers.
- The huge (and costly!) lesson Jeffrey learned his first year in business as a photographer.
- Why it’s not always a good idea to look for business solutions within your own industry.
- Where businesses should begin in understanding and developing lingo for their ideal customers.
- The two causes of not getting the results you want in business.
- Important things to know about pricing psychology.
- Tips for building a community around a business—even if the business is mostly transactional.
Key Resources for Jeffrey Shaw:
- Connect with Jeffrey Shaw: Website | Podcast | LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook
- Lingo Media Kit
- Lingo Course
- Amazon: LINGO: Discover Your Ideal Customer’s Secret Language and Make Your Business Irresistible
- Kindle: LINGO: Discover Your Ideal Customer’s Secret Language and Make Your Business Irresistible
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below
Full Episode Transcript: