Josh Bernoff is a prolific blogger and the bestselling author of Writing Without Bullshit: Boost Your Career by Saying What You Mean. Frequently quoted in publications like The New York Times and The Wall Street Journal, Josh has keynoted major conferences on television, music, marketing, and technology. He also blogs every weekday at withoutbullshit.com, publishing commentary on writing, politics, health care, technology, and business strategy.
In this episode, Josh shares how to streamline your writing and get to the point before you lose readers. You’ll even learn about Josh’s “zombie” test for spotting the passive voice (almost always a bad thing) in writing. Listen in to hear his tips for creating more effective content, identifying and eliminating passive voice, and more.
Learn how to streamline your writing and get to the point with @jbernoff, author of WRITING WITHOUT BULLSHIT. #writing #contentmarketing #editing Click To Tweet
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- What not to do in your writing.
- Recommendations for getting to the point quickly.
- The problem with writing that uses padding and jargon.
- How Josh manages to write a blog post every day.
- Examples of “weasel words” we should all avoid.
- A test for identifying passive voice.
- The central thesis of Writing Without Bullshit.
- Tips for writing better emails.
- How to make cold outreach emails more effective.
- Recommended writing tools.
Key Resources for Josh Bernoff:
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below
Full Episode Transcript: