Have you ever met someone new, and then five minutes later realized you couldn’t remember that person’s name? Or have you ever tried to learn a language and been frustrated by your inability to recall many of the words that you just learned? Today’s guest can help you with those common memory struggles and more.
Dr. Anthony Metivier is the founder of the Magnetic Memory Method, a systematic, 21st Century approach to memorizing just about anything. What separates his approach from others is that he doesn’t focus on memorizing long strings of digits or training for memory championships. Instead, he focuses on things that are part of your daily life, such as names and faces, material for tests and exams, and foreign language vocabulary.
In this episode, Anthony shares the simple memory techniques that he describes as easy, elegant, effective and fun. Listen in to learn how to use them to improve your memory.
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- The #1 mistake people make when trying to memorize things.
- What makes it so hard to remember names.
- How we’re training our brains not to read or comprehend detailed information.
- Anthony’s seemingly counter-intuitive recommendation.
- How to use “memory palaces” to remember things.
- The major difference in how to approach memorizing things for the long-term vs. the short-term.
- Tips for remembering usernames and passwords.
Key Resources for Dr. Anthony Metivier:
- Connect with Dr. Anthony Metivier: Website
- Free course for Brainfluence Listeners
- Get a Free copy of The Magnetic Memory Method
- 59 Seconds: Think a Little, Change a Lot by Richard Wiseman
- The Hack-Proof Password System: Protect Yourself Online With a Memory Expert’s In-Depth Guide to Remembering Passwords by Brad Zupp
- Kevin Rogers And The Truth About Comedy, Memory And Marketing
- How To Memorize Classic Copywriting Headlines
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below
Full Episode Transcript: