Michael Port is an author, speaker, small business marketing consultant, and public speaking teacher. Best known for his writing, public speaking, and regular contributions to Entrepreneur magazine, Michael is also the founder of the Book Yourself Solid School of Coach Training and the school of Heroic Public Speaking, along with his wife and business partner, Amy Port.
He joins the show today to discuss how his business has adapted to the changes caused by the pandemic, as well as how to overcome the limitations of virtual presentations. Listen in to learn what it takes to engage audiences intellectually and emotionally—whether in-person or virtually—and why quality over quantity is especially important in the digital era.
Learn how to engage your audience virtually or in-person with @michaelport, author of STEAL THE SHOW. #publicspeaking #communication Click To Tweet
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- The number one thing you should be doing before any communication.
- How to contend with the different energy levels in a virtual event vs. an in-person event.
- The changes Michael is seeing in the professional speaking industry as a result of the pandemic.
- Tips to make others feel safe so they are more open to changing their behavior.
- How to position yourself as the true expert in your field.
Key Resources for Michael Port:
- Connect with Michael Port: Website | LinkedIn | Twitter
- Amazon: Steal the Show
- Kindle: Steal the Show
- Audible: Steal the Show
- Heroic Public Speaking (Scroll down for virtual public speaking guide)
- Amazon: Book Yourself Solid
- Amazon: Don’t Make Me Think
- Heroic Public Speaking’s Free 2-Day Livestream Event
- Book Yourself Solid School of Coach Training
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below
Full Episode Transcript: