In today’s world of ever-shrinking attention spans and the seemingly endless barrage of marketing messages out there, is it really possible for brands to stand out anymore? Nick Westergaard says yes, and he’s here to explain how to do it.
Nick is a strategist, speaker, author, and educator who serves as the Chief Brand Strategist at Brand Driven Digital. A contributor to the Harvard Business Review and host of the popular On Brand podcast, he helps build better brands at organizations of all sizes—from small businesses and Fortune 500 companies to President Obama’s Jobs Council.
Learn what it takes to create real brand impact with @NickWestergaard, author of BRAND NOW. #branding #digitalmarketing Click To Tweet
In this episode, Nick shares key insights on effective branding from his new book, Brand Now: How to Stand Out in a Crowded, Distracted World. Listen in to hear how to develop a brand personality, where there are opportunities to “flip the script” to stand out from competitors, and what it takes to create real brand impact.
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- Key dynamics that can help brands stand out.
- Strategies for developing your brand personality.
- The link between brand and company culture.
- Why branding can’t just be a subset of marketing—and what it should be instead.
- Examples of providing a stand-out experience.
- How standing out to a two-year-old might be the ultimate branding test.
- Why brands need both rational and emotional appeals.
- What Starbucks did to improve their branding after their recent bad publicity.
- The advantage smaller organizations have when it comes to branding.
Key Resources for Nick Westergaard:
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below
Full Episode Transcript: