Steven E. Landsburg is a Professor of Economics and the University of Rochester and the man behind the popular “Everyday Economics” column in Slate magazine. Also the author of More Sex Is Safer Sex, The Big Questions, Can You Outsmart an Economist?, and the bestselling The Armchair Economist, Steven has written over thirty journal articles in mathematics, economics, and philosophy. His work has been featured in Forbes, the Wall Street Journal, and other publications.
In this episode, Steven breaks down the surprising realities behind economic and social phenomena. Listen in to hear how height and pay are correlated, why we should all be grateful for people who hoard money, and why more sex is safer sex.
Learn the surprising realities behind economic and social phenomena with @stevenlandsburg, author of CAN YOU OUTSMART AN ECONOMIST? #economics #braingames #problemsolving Click To Tweet
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- The complicated reason movie popcorn is expensive.
- Why those who hoard money are the most socially beneficial people.
- The problem with taxes.
- Why it’s likely that better-looking teachers are truly better teachers.
- Steven’s take on the environmental debate.
- The reason the world has too much pollution.
- Why manufacturers like Sony restrict distributors and retailers from selling at a discount—and why this is actually better for consumers.
- The fascinating correlation between height and pay.
- Why more sex is safer sex.
Key Resources for Steven E. Landsburg:
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below
Full Episode Transcript: