Vanessa Van Edwards is the founder of Science of People, where she teaches entrepreneurs, businesses, and trillion-dollar companies how to grow their businesses using science-based people skills. She is also the author of the bestselling book, Captivate: The Science of Succeeding with People.
In this episode, Vanessa explains how to assume familiarity when meeting new people—whether in person or online—to make an immediate connection with them. Listen in to learn how to start a conversation without making the other person feel awkward and how to make a positive, long-lasting first impression.
Learn the key elements to focus on when meeting someone for the first time with @vvanedwards, author of CAPTIVATE. #smalltalk #conferences #communication Click To Tweet
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- How to connect with people, even through non-visual means.
- The key elements to focus on when meeting someone for the first time.
- How Vanessa conducted her own research on human behavior.
- A great conversation starter that doesn’t put people on edge.
- Where to stand in a social setting to optimize networking possibilities.
Key Resources for Vanessa Van Edwards:
- Connect with Vanessa Van Edwards: Website | Twitter | LinkedIn | Instagram | YouTube | Facebook
- Amazon: Captivate: The Science of Succeeding with People
- Kindle: Captivate
- Audible: Captivate
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
Full Episode Transcript: