Tucker Max’s New Path to Becoming an Author
Becoming an author and sharing their knowledge is a dream of many entrepreneurs and executives, but few achieve that goal. Our guest this week has a way to make that happen in months, not years.
Tucker Max reinvented himself from a bestselling author to a media entrepreneur. He left Duke Law School in 2001 with a law degree but no interest in becoming a lawyer. Instead, he wrote a book, I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell, that hit, and later dominated, the New York Times bestseller list. It launched the “fratire” genre, and at one point Tucker had three different titles on the NYTimes bestseller list. The only other author to do that has been Malcom Gladwell.
Today, though, Tucker is busy revolutionizing the book industry while firing himself as CEO.
In 2012, Tucker left the fratire lifestyle behind and began collaborating with evolutionary psychologist Dr. Geoffrey Miller on a podcast series. They co-authored the book, Mate: Become the Man Women Want. Tucker’s latest venture is Book in a Box, a business that helps busy entrepreneurs and executives write and publish books by managing the process and supporting them every step of the way.
We discuss the long and varied career arc that Tucker has followed to his current role at Book in a Box. Tucker has mastered getting attention, garnering influence, and cutting through BS to connect with an audience. He has also partnered with another bestselling author and Brainfluence Podcast guest Ryan Holiday to promote books and stir up controversy.
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are still feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- How Tucker Max went from law school grad to bestselling author.
- Why Dr. Geoffrey Miller agreed to work with Tucker to write a book about dating and sexual relations.
- The challenges of working with clients to create a book.
- Secrets from behind-the-scenes of the book publishing industry.
- Why digital media changes business models.
Key Resources for Tucker Max and Becoming an Author:
- Connect with Tucker: Book in a Box | Twitter | email@example.com
- Amazon: Mate: Become the Man Women Want
- Kindle: Mate: Become the Man Women Want
- Audible: Mate: Become the Man Women Want
- Amazon: The Book In A Box Method: The Groundbreaking New Way to Write and Publish Your Book
- Amazon: I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell
- Amazon: Sloppy Seconds: The Tucker Max Leftovers
- Dr. Geoffery Miller
- The Five-Hour Workday: Live Differently, Unlock Productivity, and Find Happiness by Stephan Aarstol
- Less Doing, More Living: Make Everything in Life Easier by Ari Meisel
- Never Split the Difference: Negotiating As If Your Life Depended On It by Chris Voss
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below