Affiliate marketing is an incredibly effective marketing technique that combines a knowledgeable brand and an influential partner – but it wasn’t always that straightforward. Robert Glazer is on the show today to talk about his new book, Performance Partnerships: The Checkered Past, Changing Present & Exciting Future of Affiliate Marketing, and explain why affiliate marketing is experiencing a revival.
Robert Glazer is the founder of Acceleration Partners and BrandCycle. He’s a customer acquisition specialist and expert in what makes affiliate marketing work. He’s worked with brands including Reebok, Target, eBay and Warby Parker.
Robert begins with a quick history about the less-than-respectable early days of affiliate marketing and how it’s changing into a more respected force today. We then dig into some of the more technical aspects of affiliate marketing, touching on softwares and strategies that brands and their partners are using. Robert also shares how smaller players can leverage these performance partnerships to their advantage.
Robert’s got some key insights about how affiliate marketing could be a game-changer for your business – be sure to tune in!
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are still feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- How Robert differentiates between performance partnerships and affiliate marketing.
- Why the too-good-to-be-true early days of affiliate marketing have given way to a better approach.
- What technological tools affiliate marketers are applying today to drive business.
- Why a performance partnership can be a perfect symbiotic relationship for both parties.
- How to identify and evaluate potential opportunities for affiliate marketing.
- Robert’s recommendations for those hoping to monetize their site by building a performance partnership.
Key Resources for Robert Glazer and Affiliate Marketing:
- Connect with Robert: Website | Acceleration Partners | BrandCycle
- Amazon: Performance Partnerships: The Checkered Past, Changing Present & Exciting Future of Affiliate Marketing
- Download the first chapter of Performance Partnerships free from Acceleration Partners
- The Dangerous Spread of Fake Ads by Robert Glazer and Dr. Mehmet Oz
- The Big Short
- Barbara Corcoran
- 80% of CEOs Do Not Trust Their CMO from Piotr Golczyk on LinkedIn
- CJ Affiliate (formerly Commission Junction)
- Melissa & Doug
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below
Full Episode Transcript: