Content marketing remains one of the most potent and popular ways to connect with customers – but it’s going to change profoundly as consumers and technology continue evolve. Marketing futurist Jon Wuebben joins us to share observations and predictions about “prosumers” and the future of sales from his new book Future Marketing: Winning in the Prosumer Age.
Jon Wuebben is Founder & CEO of Content Launch, a content marketing software firm. He’s a content marketing expert and futurist, and focuses on the ever-increasing intersection of technology and marketing.
In this episode, Jon and I talk about why the term “prosumer” is a perfect way to describe all the things that today’s consumer is capable of – not just consuming content, but producing and influencing it, too. Jon also shares some of the future-looking ideas in his book, as well as his predictions for the marketing landscape of the future. We also discuss the changes brands and companies will have to make to remain influential.
Jon’s got some interesting predictions about how marketing is going to keep changing as rapidly as technology. Don’t miss this!
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are still feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- The definition of the term “prosumer” and why Jon thinks it’s a more accurate way to describe today’s consumers.
- How prosumers exert influence over brands in new and impactful ways.
- The difference between narrative and story and which is integral to the success of brands in the future.
- How content marketing has changed since Jon wrote his first book on content in 2008.
- What marketers need to know about virtual reality and its upcoming influence.
- Jon’s predictions for technology and marketing in 2021 and 2030.
Key Resources for Jon Wuebben and the Future of Marketing:
- Connect with Jon: Content Launch | Future Marketing
- Amazon: Future Marketing: Winning in the Prosumer Age
- Kindle: Future Marketing: Winning in the Prosumer Age
- Content Rich: Writing Your Way to Wealth on the Web
- Allan Tough
- Ray Kurzweil
- The Singularity is Near: When Humans Transcend Biology by Ray Kurzweil
- The Experience Economy: Work Is Theater & Every Business a Stage by B. Joseph Pine II and James H. Gilmore
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below
Full Episode Transcript: