There’s tons of advice out there about how to grow your audience quickly – but today’s guest has some direct, outside-the-box strategies that you probably haven’t heard before. Noah Kagan of Sumo and AppSumo is known for using a friendly tone and highly-targeted content to drive growth, and he’s here to share his strategies with you.
Noah Kagan previously worked for Facebook and Mint. Since then he’s founded two seven-figure businesses: AppSumo, a daily deal site for techies, and SumoMe.com, which offers free tools that build website traffic. At Mint, Noah was responsible for the marketing and project launch that grew the user base from zero to 1 million.
Noah and I consider why it’s more important to communicate the problem you’re solving for customers than telling them the nuances of how. Noah explains why it’s essential to limit your time and money when you’re creatively tackling a task, and why he so intently focuses on a narrow target market. He shares the strategy he implemented at Mint to grow their audience in the nine months leading up to launch, and how he applies the same innovative attitude to his work at Sumo.
You aren’t going to make waves by using the same old marketing strategies – don’t be afraid to try some of Noah’s techniques and turn some heads!
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are still feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- How Noah convinced Mint to hire him as a marketing director when he had no marketing experience.
- Why limitations on time, money, and resources are often the key to truly creative solutions to consumers’ problems.
- The highly-specific goals and timelines Noah used at Mint and in later projects to track successful growth.
- Why content marketing works for some business and not for others – and why it’s important to observe and react if it’s not working for you.
- How to practice the WIIFT approach to relationship-building and marketing – What’s In It For Them?
- Noah’s takeaway tips for email marketing, what he’s learned from his podcast so far, and how to multiply your time.
Key Resources for Noah Kagan and Hacking Your Growth:
- Connect with Noah: OkDork | Twitter | Podcast
- Nolan Bushnell
- Remember the Milk
- Kopywriting Kourse
- Dave McClure
- The 60-Minute Conversation That Changed My Life on Noah Kagan Presents
- Lessons from the World’s Best Restaurant on Noah Kagan Presents
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below
Full Episode Transcript: