With technology and innovation zipping along faster than ever – and especially with rapid gains in AI – it feels like we have to confront the question: are we finally reaching the Death of the Salesman? Tiffani Bova of Salesforce is here to weigh in on the great oncoming changes in sales and artificial intelligence that should make business better for all.
Tiffani is a self-described sales futurist and the Global Customer Growth and Innovation Evangelist for Salesforce.com. She focuses on the intersection of innovation, technology, and people to help companies grow bigger and better serve their customers. Prior to working with Salesforce, she was a VP, Distinguished Analyst, and Research Fellow at Gartner and named a Top 50 Sales and Marketing Influencer by Top Sales World Magazine.
Tiffani and I discuss her day-to-day workflow at Salesforce and what it’s like working at the cutting edge of innovation in customer experience and sales. She talks about how technology has permanently changed how customers interact with brands, and the oncoming role of AI in making the lives of both salespeople and customers a more efficient and pleasant experience. We also talk about improving the richness of brands’ interactions with consumers by gathering comprehensive data and continuing to build solid relationships.
Brands are rapidly learning to keep up with shifting customer needs, and sales must do the same – and Tiffani Bova has some great ideas about how you can stay ahead of the curve.
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are still feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- Why the future of B2C interactions lies in gathering great data.
- How the new and different ways people interact with technology in their daily lives is bleeding into their business interactions, too.
- Whether the role of the salesperson is truly in danger of becoming outdated or automated.
- Why even if you aspire to bring more value to a customer’s business, you need their trust first.
- How to build the credibility to advise customers to build a stronger relationship.
- Tiffani’s predictions for the increased role of intelligence, prediction, and data in sales, and how sales with have to change its management and measurement metrics to keep pace.
Key Resources for Tiffani Bova and the Future of Sales:
- Connect with Tiffani: Website | Twitter | LinkedIn
- Tiffani’s Column for The Huffington Post
- Gartner Inc.
- Marketing Makes Better Salespeople with John Jantsch on The Brainfluence Podcast
- Salesforce Einstein AI
- Customer Success Summit 2017
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below
Full Episode Transcript: