Today’s guest is an entrepreneur at the forefront of marketing, branding, positioning and communicating “The Next Big Thing.” The founder and president of Cunningham Collective, a marketing, brand and communication strategy firm, Andy Cunningham has played a key role in the launch of many new technology categories and products (including helping Steve Jobs launch the Apple Macintosh) over the past 35 years.
Her new book, Get to Aha!: Discover Your Positioning DNA and Dominate Your Competition (McGraw-Hill), explains the winning framework she uses to transform markets and industries. Today, she joins us to share insights from the book and divulge her expertise in branding and positioning.
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- Whether Steve Jobs intended Mac users to become a cult of evangelists.
- How to leverage the authenticity of who you are in the marketplace.
- The first thing you need to do with positioning.
- Why it’s so important to understand your corporate DNA (and how to do it).
- The root cause of having muddled corporate DNA.
- What Andy thinks is “The Next Big Thing.”
- Where to find a “positioning light” strategy for entrepreneurs and those who don’t have a lot of resources.
Key Resources for Andy Cunningham:
- Connect with Andy Cunningham: Website | Twitter
- Amazon: Get to Aha!: Discover Your Positioning DNA and Dominate Your Competition
- Kindle: Get to Aha!: Discover Your Positioning DNA and Dominate Your Competition
- Marketing Over Ice
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below
Full Episode Transcript: