Does the thought of starting your own business seem daunting? Many people have bought into the idea that being an entrepreneur means lots of sleepless nights and 18-hour workdays, but Dorie Clark is here today to shatter that myth. She explains why creating an entrepreneurial income stream is not only something you could do, but also something you should do.
Described by The New York Times as an “expert at self-reinvention and helping others make changes in their lives,” Dorie Clark consults and speaks for clients including Google, Microsoft, and the World Bank. She is a frequent contributor to the Harvard Business Review, as well as the author of Reinventing You and Stand Out, which was named the #1 Leadership Book of 2015 by Inc. magazine.
Her new book, Entrepreneurial You: Monetize Your Expertise, Create Multiple Income Streams, and Thrive, breaks down what it really takes to create an entrepreneurial side career, and why it’s much more achievable than you might think.
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- Why it’s risky to earn all of your money from one source.
- Where to find inspiration for what to do as an entrepreneurial side income stream.
- The most typical starting point for side careers.
- A major factor that gets in people’s way when it comes to success.
- Three key things you need to build a scaled, sustainable business.
- The truth about how much time you have to invest in your side job.
- Dorie’s advice for someone who wants to create an online community.
- How to transition into monetizing your side career.
Key Resources for Dorie Clark:
- Connect with Dorie Clark: Website | Twitter
- Free Entrepreneurial You Self-Assessment
- Amazon: Entrepreneurial You: Monetize Your Expertise, Create Multiple Income Streams, and Thrive
- Kindle: Entrepreneurial You: Monetize Your Expertise, Create Multiple Income Streams, and Thrive
- Amazon: Reinventing You
- Amazon: Stand Out
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below
Full Episode Transcript: