Ashley Whillans is a professor at Harvard Business School and a leading scholar in the time and happiness research field. Twice, she’s been named a Rising Star of Behavioral Science by the Behavioral Science & Policy Association, and in 2016 she cofounded a “nudge unit”—namely, the Department of Behavioral Science in the Policy, Innovation, and Engagement division of the British Columbia Public Service Agency. Ashley is also the author of the new book, TIME SMART: How to Reclaim Your Time and Live a Happier Life.
She joins the show today to discuss how she is helping people to live happier and healthier lives using insights from behavioral science. Listen in to learn how making small decisions in our daily lives can bring us more joy, as well as how time poverty affects our happiness—despite the fact that we theoretically have more leisure time than we’ve ever had. You’ll also discover how the technology paradox has actually taken time away from us and what we can do to better protect our time with so much of our lives going virtual.
Learn how to become time affluent and increase your happiness with @ashleywhillans. #happiness #timemanagement Click To Tweet
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- How our feelings about time affect our well-being.
- What time poverty is and how it affects our happiness.
- How income levels affect time poverty.
- What nudge units are and how they work.
- Common time traps and how to overcome them.
- Tips to be time smart and work virtually without sacrificing time affluence.
Key Resources for Ashley Whillans:
- Connect with Ashley Whillans: Website | LinkedIn | Twitter
- Amazon: TIME SMART: How to Reclaim Your Time and Live a Happier Life
- Kindle: TIME SMART
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below
Full Episode Transcript: