Amazon is the company that every other company wants to be. They dominate ecommerce and are a serious player in every market they enter. And, their customers love them.
In this episode, my friends and fellow Austinites Bryan and Jeffrey Eisenberg share lessons from their new book, written with co-author Roy Williams, Be Like Amazon: Even Lemonade Stands Can Do It. They have a passion for learning from Amazon and applying their strategies to businesses big and small.
Bryan and Jeffrey are cofounders of a growth acceleration training company called BuyerLegends.com. They have been advising, training and strategizing for businesses since 1998 and are coauthors of two other WSJ and NYT bestselling books, Waiting For Your Cat to Bark? and Call To Action.
The duo touches on the unique style of their book and why they think it has been so popular. We thoroughly discuss Amazon’s 4 pillars of success and how any business can adopt them and put them into action. Customer centricity and the importance of making your message consistent from top to bottom is one of the main pillars we cover, as well as the corporate agility that allows businesses to continuously improve through optimization and innovation.
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are still feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- What Amazon has been doing to stay on top of the game.
- How focusing on customer centricity and obsessing over customer experience will benefit your business in the long run.
- Why you should innovate with customers in mind – not solely the competition.
- Why corporate agility is necessary to both business growth and staying relevant.
- How Amazon is in constant “day one” mode, what that means, and how you can implement this practice too.
- Using key optimization strategies to bring value to all areas of the business.
- The importance of having a clear message that is reinforced in all areas of the business and not just talking the talk.
Key Resources for Bryan and Jeffrey Eisenberg and Be Like Amazon:
- Connect with Bryan & Jeff: Book Website | BuyerLegends | Speaking
- Amazon: Be Like Amazon: Even Lemonade Stands Can Do It by Jeffrey and Bryan Eisenberg with Roy H. Williams
- Kindle: Be Like Amazon: Even Lemonade Stands Can Do It by Jeffrey and Bryan Eisenberg with Roy H. Williams
- Waiting for Your Cat to Bark? by Bryan and Jeffrey Eisenberg with Lisa Davis
- Call to Action by Bryan and Jeffrey Eisenberg with Lisa Davis
- The Go Giver by Bob Burg and John David Mann
- The One Minute Manager by Kenneth Blanchard and Spencer Johnson
- Who Moved My Cheese? by Spencer Johnson
- Ken Goodrich of Goettl Air Conditioning and The Sunny Plumber
- Nordstrom Tire Return Story
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below