Studies show that 95% of people in influential positions think they are more influential than they really are. No matter what level of leadership you’re at or how many followers you have, your true influence lies in your ability to move people to action. Stacey Hanke is on the show today to discuss her new book Influence Redefined: Be the Leader You Were Meant to Be, Monday to Monday and share how true influencers gain trust and communicate to draw people in.
Stacey is an expert in influence and body language, an author, and a coach who has partnered with many business leaders and big name companies and organizations like Coca-Cola, FedEx and the US Army. Her specialty is training people to get rid of bad body language, create a better image, and engage their audiences better.
Stacey goes over the 6 levels of influence and how you can put them into practice with by changing how you communicate. She encourages listeners to put more thought into what method of communication they’re using, and how the way you make eye contact can change your speaking game completely. Getting feedback is another element she stresses the importance of because too often we are getting unhelpful feedback, or wrongly making assumptions based on how we feel.
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are still feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- Why consistency is required to have influence and move people to action.
- Why many leaders believe they have more influence than they really do and how you can avoid misunderstanding your level of influence.
- Why communication is the most important skill an influencer can work on.
- How to start assessing and working on your influencing skills.
- How to recover when your audience seems to be multitasking or otherwise disengaged.
- What communication methods work best and how to pick which one(s) to use.
- How to find the right balance when sharing pieces of your personal life.
Key Resources for Stacey Hanke and Influence Redefined:
- Connect with Stacey Hanke: Website | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn
- Amazon: Influence Redefined: Be the Leader You Were Meant to Be, Monday to Monday by Stacey Hanke
- Kindle: Influence Redefined
- Audible: Influence Redefined
- Amazon: Yes You Can! Everything You Need From A to Z to Influence Others to Take Action by Stacey Hanke
- Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert Cialdini
- Lou Heckler Coaching
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below