Bernard Ross and Omar Mahmoud are the authors of Change for Good: Using Behavioral Economics for a Better World, and they’re here to share how we can use behavioral science and neuromarketing to benefit society. Bernard’s areas of expertise include strategic thinking, change leadership, innovation, and organizational transformation, while Omar has over 30 years of experience in multinational corporations and international organizations.
Currently working as the director of =mc—a management consultancy working worldwide for ethical organizations—and the Chief of Market Knowledge for UNICEF International Private Fundraising & Partnership division, respectively, Bernard and Omar join this episode to share their research and how we can apply it. Listen in to learn proven tactics for influencing behavior, the ethical concerns surrounding persuasive psychology, and important things to keep in mind when it comes to asking for donations.
Learn how we can use behavioral science and neuromarketing to benefit society with @bernardrossmc and @mgmtcentre, authors of CHANGE FOR GOOD. #nonprofit #socialpolicy #behavioralpsychology Click To Tweet
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- A major issue in all of persuasion psychology and behavioral science.
- What research shows about emotional vs. rational messaging.
- How the nonprofit world is applying behavioral science to their efforts.
- What anchoring is and how it affects our perception.
- How framing can influence people’s decisions.
- A controversial approach to encouraging donations.
- How a simple change in messaging about coffee cups brought about a significant change in behavior.
- What charities can do to give people a sense of ownership regarding their donations.
- The very important principle to understand about the idea of agency.
- When it’s good to show progress for a fundraising effort.
- At what points during a project you’re likely to get the most donations.
Key Resources for Bernard Ross & Omar Mahmoud:
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below
Full Episode Transcript: