Brian Ahearn is the Chief Influence Officer at Influence PEOPLE, as well as an international keynote speaker, trainer, coach, and consultant. Named one of the Top 100 Influencers of 2016 by the Science of Digital Marketing, Brian specializes in applying the science of influence and persuasion in everyday situations. He is one of only 20 individuals in the world (scarcity!) who currently holds the Cialdini Method Certified Trainer designation (authority), and his LinkedIn course, Persuasive Selling, has been viewed over 150,000 times. (And, there we have social proof!)
In this episode, Brian shares examples of how Cialdini’s Principles of Persuasion can be utilized in marketing, as well as in our everyday lives. Listen in to hear how the scarcity mindset drives people into action, what you can do to gain more perceived authority, and more.
*Original air date: Jan 3, 2019.*
Learn how Cialdini's Principles of Persuasion can be applied to everyday life with @BrianAhearn, Chief Influence Officer at Influence PEOPLE. #cialdini #influence #scarcity Click To Tweet
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- Examples of how to apply Cialdini’s principles in everyday life.
- How to make yourself sound more credible.
- The mistake Brian made early on with the Principle of Liking.
- How his thinking has evolved over the years.
- What made him realize that Cialdini’s principles really work.
- How the scarcity mindset influences people.
- The connection between unity and liking.
- How the word “manipulation” changed the course of Brian’s career.
- Where he sees the potential for Cialdini’s principles to be combined with personalized behavior data.
- The most underutilized of the principles.
Key Resources for Brian Ahearn:
- Connect with Brian Ahearn: Website | LinkedIn | Twitter
- Bribes, Rewards or Gifts – Which is Best?
- One Small Step for a Supervisor, One Giant Leap for the Company
- 700,000 Great Reasons To Use Yellow Sticky Notes
- An Education in How to Apply Persuasion to a School Levy
- Amazon: Yes!: 50 Scientifically Proven Ways to Be Persuasive
- Amazon: The Go-Giver
- Amazon: Pre-Suasion
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below
Full Episode Transcript: