Tim Kachuriak is a nonprofit thought leader, author, co-author, lead researcher, and speaker, as well as the founder and Chief Innovation and Optimization Officer for NextAfter, a fundraising research lab consultancy and training institute that helps charities, nonprofits, and NGOs grow their resource capacity. His work has led him to ask one very important question: Why do people give?
In this episode, Tim will be sharing what he’s learned through his research about how various organizations solicit donations, what works best (and what doesn’t work) for fundraising, and the motivations behind why people undertake such an irrational action of giving their hard-earned money away to something intangible. Listen in to learn the deeper motivation behind why people are inspired to donate and Tim’s best tips for increasing donations for nonprofits and smaller e-commerce companies alike.
Learn how to increase fundraising success with Tim Kachuriak, author of OPTIMIZE YOUR FUNDRAISING. #fundraising #nonprofit Click To Tweet
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- How NextAfter uses mystery donor studies to analyze what methods work best to encourage donations.
- The main takeaways from the mystery donor studies.
- How compassion plays a role in why people donate.
- The role of friction in the non-profit space.
- How non-profits can utilize good friction to solicit donations.
- How to utilize anchors to encourage larger donations.
- Common issues for many non-profits and how to overcome them.
- How the pandemic has impacted fundraising.
- How reciprocity plays into soliciting donations.
- Why most donations still happen on desktops, and not mobile devices.
Key Resources for Tim Kachuriak
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below
Full Episode Transcript: