Gad Saad, Ph.D., is one of the best-known intellectuals fighting what he calls the tyranny of political correctness, often writing and speaking about idea pathogens that are destroying logic, science, reason, and common sense. A pioneer in the application of evolutionary psychology to consumer behavior, he joins the show today to share his knowledge on the topic, diving deep into why this is so important in today’s world.
Listen in as Gad shares insights from his book, The Parasitic Mind: How Infectious Ideas Are Killing Common Sense, and explains the concept of comparative psychology. You will learn the main issues with social sciences, how to apply an evolutionary lens to understand our cognitive vices, and the importance of studying marketing—even if you are knowledgeable about the subject at hand.
Learn how to remove idea pathogens that are destroying logic with @GadSaad, author of THE PARASITIC MIND. #viralideas #memes Click To Tweet
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- The main issues with social sciences.
- Why evolutionary psychology is important.
- Whether there are any points as to why evolutionary psychology should be controversial.
- The adaptive reasons behind our behaviors.
- How to apply an evolutionary lens to understand cognitive vices.
- What you need to know about marketing now.
Key Resources for Gad Saad:
- Connect with Gad Saad: Website| Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
- Amazon: The Parasitic Mind: How Infectious Ideas Are Killing Common Sense
- Kindle: The Parasitic Mind: How Infectious Ideas Are Killing Common Sense
- Audible: The Parasitic Mind: How Infectious Ideas Are Killing Common Sense
- Amazon: The Adaptive Decision Maker
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below
Full Episode Transcript: