Just about every self-help author and life coach tries to pump you up by getting you to think better of yourself and your capabilities. Ryan Holiday, it’s safe to say, has a somewhat different path to success.
Ryan is a business and media strategist who has advised authors, artists, and companies. Among other accomplishments, he was a key part of American Apparel’s meteoric rise in sales.
Ryan is also the author of three books. His latest title, Ego is the Enemy, sheds light on all the negative ways your ego may be affecting your business without you knowing it.
Ryan made the tough choice to drop out of college at nineteen to apprentice under Robert Greene, author of The 48 Laws of Power. Afterward, he went on to advise a multitude of clients including bestselling authors and multiplatinum musicians. Ryan has worked for American Apparel as the director of marketing. At that firm, his campaigns were so effective they have been used as case studies by Twitter, YouTube, and Google, and have been written about in AdAge, the New York Times, and Fast Company. His first book, Trust Me I’m Lying, was a debut bestseller.
Turn up the volume and listen in, because you won’t want to miss this engaging conversation with an expert who combines amazing street savvy with deep philosophical thinking!
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are still feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- Why you should think less of yourself, more of other people.
- How your passion can sometimes lead you astray.
- What discovering and honing your purpose can do for your business.
- And much more!
- Connect with Ryan: RyanHoliday.net | Twitter
- Amazon: Ego is the Enemy by Ryan Holiday
- Kindle Version: Ego is the Enemy by Ryan Holiday
- The Obstacle Is the Way: The Timeless Art of Turning Trials into Triumph
- Kindle Version: The Obstacle Is the Way: The Timeless Art of Turning Trials into Triumph
- Growth Hacker Marketing: A Primer on the Future of PR, Marketing, and Advertising
- Kindle: Growth Hacker Marketing: A Primer on the Future of PR, Marketing, and Advertising
- Trust Me, I’m Lying: Confessions of a Media Manipulator
- Kindle: Trust Me, I’m Lying: Confessions of a Media Manipulator
- Persuadable: How Great Leaders Change Their Minds to Change the World by Al Pittampali
- Boyd: The Fighter Pilot Who Changed the Art of War by Robert Coram
- The 48 Laws of Power by Robert Greene
- Learm more about John Boyd.
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by Leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below