How can images of naked women and sculptures made out of urinal structures thwart a terrorist or help you save your company lots of money? Amy Herman believes art can sharpen our observation skills and presents entrepreneurs and business executives with tools to effectively reach clients in a way that might have otherwise been overlooked.
Observation in this digital age can be stifled by the ever-present access to technology. However, Amy teaches the Art of Perception to help us step back and engage the most powerful technology tools we have – our eyes. Her new book, Visual Intelligence – Sharpen your perception, save your life, provides practical solutions for business owners to improve their visual IQ and shows how that translates to improvement on the bottom line.
Amy has a BA in International Affairs, a JD, and an MA in Art History. She first offered her unique course, The Art of Perception, to medical students to help improve their observation skills. In addition to expanding it to other medical schools, she offered it to law enforcement professionals including the NYPD, the FBI, the Department of Justice, and the Secret Service.
Turn up the volume and tune into this discussion on the power of observation. You’ll take away a wealth of helpful information and undoubtedly never interact with your environment the same way again.
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are still feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- How looking at old master paintings invokes a different kind of thinking.
- Which groups can benefit most from taking the Art of Perception.
- What a simulated police training exercise can teach you about observation.
- Why artists are better communicators.
- Connect with Amy: AOP.ArtfulPerception.com
- Amazon: Visual Intelligence: Sharpen Your Perception, Change Your Life by Amy Herman
- Kindle Version: Visual Intelligence by Amy Herman
- Reclaiming the Conversation by Sherry Turkle
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by Leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below