It’s no secret that writing a great book can establish you as a thought leader in your field, but many would-be authors stumble over the final hurdle: publishing. Thankfully, today’s guest, Tom Corson-Knowles, is here to simplify that crucial piece of the publishing puzzle — and tell you how you can do it yourself.
Tom Corson-Knowles is a prolific author and self-publisher. One of his most popular books, The Kindle Publishing Bible, details the process of honing your idea, writing your book, and publishing it yourself. He is a graduate of Indiana University’s Kelley School of Business, giving his advice about marketing that extra edge.
In this episode, Tom tells us how he struggled to publish his own book initially, and how he’s maintained publishing success with his later ones. He also answers questions about where to start once you’ve got a great idea, how you should build your platform, and how he balances being an author with all the digital outreach that today’s crowded internet seems to demand.
Tom Corson-Knowles is the international bestselling author of The Kindle Publishing Bible and 26 other books. He is also the founder of EBookPublishingSchool.com, a free self-publishing training course for authors, and TCK Publishing, an independent book publisher that specializes in publishing and marketing ebooks, print books and audiobooks online.
The advice in this episode is perfect for those of you that know you’ve got a great book to write but aren’t sure where to start. Don’t miss it!
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are still feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- What you should do first when you’ve got a great new idea for a book.
- Whether you should aim to publish several books right off the bat, or one at a time.
- How you can prepare to market your book before it comes out and make it even more successful.
- Why your mailing list is one of the most important pieces of your platform.
- How to balance writing your books with publishing and promoting them.
- Tom’s hacks for getting quality reviews on Amazon and boosting your book’s visibility.
Key Resources for Tom Corson-Knowles:
- Connect with Tom: TCK Publishing | The Publishing Profits Podcast Show | Amazon | LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram
- Tom’s Free Course on Self Publishing
- For Finding Book Reviews
- TCK Interviews
- Ep #70: How to Launch a Book (or Anything) with Tim Grahl on The Brainfluence Podcast
- Dan Pink
- Tim Ferriss
- Brainfluence: 100 Ways to Persuade and Convince Consumers with Neuromarketing by Roger Dooley
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below
Full Episode Transcript: