You probably know intuitively that you’ve got to give your customers a good experience when they interact with you and your business. You’d naturally think that if you do this, they’re likely to work with you again or recommend you to their friends. Today’s guest, Noah Fleming, wants you to know that a lot more goes into customer loyalty than one good interaction.
Noah is already a successful author in the loyalty space, and now he’s back with his new book The Customer Loyalty Loop. Inside, he breaks down the four stages of the customer experience so you can increase your chances of retaining customers and profiting from repeat sales.
Noah and I discuss the impact that Robert Cialdini has had on his work, including points they agree on and where their tactics diverge. We also talk about how important it is that you differentiate yourself from your competitors, and how this makes your product or service more valuable.
Noah Fleming is a customer loyalty expert. He and his business have worked with companies making between $2 million and $5 billion in annual revenue. Noah is also the author of Evergreen: Cultivate The Enduring Customer Loyalty That Keeps Your Business Thriving. The book made three separate category #1 rankings on Amazon, including Sales, Marketing, & Customer Service.
Noah’s interview is the perfect bite-sized masterclass in connecting with your customers at every stage of their journey, so don’t miss this one!
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are still feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- Why Noah doesn’t like the term “customer loyalty” and what it implies.
- How to tap into the customer’s mindset at each stage of their interaction with your business.
- Which is more important – attracting new customers or retaining those you already have.
- The two different types of persuasion – alpha and omega – and when to deploy each.
- Whether or not sending customers a personal card or gift really makes a difference.
- How peak pleasure and peak pain in a customer’s experience can color their entire perception of your business.
Key Resources for Noah Fleming:
- Connect with Noah: Fleming Consulting & Co. | Twitter | Facebook
- Paperback: The Customer Loyalty Loop
- Kindle: The Customer Loyalty Loop
- Hardcover: Evergreen: Cultivate The Enduring Customer Loyalty That Keeps Your Business Thriving
- Kindle: Evergreen
- Audible: Evergreen
- Hardcover: The Effortless Experience: Conquering the New Battleground for Customer Loyalty
- Kindle: The Effortless Experience: Conquering the New Battleground for Customer Loyalty
- Audible: The Effortless Experience: Conquering the New Battleground for Customer Loyalty
- Ep #43: Grow Evergreen Customers with Noah Fleming on The Brainfluence Podcast
- Ep #126: Robert Cialdini’s New Insight: PRE-Suasion on The Brainfluence Podcast
- Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert Cialdini
- The Shackleton Ad
- Schlitz Beer
- Scientific Advertising by Claude C. Hopkins
- Jay Abraham
- Resistance and Persuasion from Dr. Eric Knowles
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below
Full Episode Transcript: