Colin Shaw is an expert in customer experience. He shares groundbreaking insights in his new book The Intuitive Customer: 7 Imperatives For Moving Your Customer Experience to the Next Level. Colin aims to change how you view customer experience and give you an edge over your competition.
Colin and I discuss how he has seen customer experience change over his career and why many businesses are lagging behind in this field. We also talk about how customers employ both rational thinking and intuition when making decisions, and why you must understand this in order to design a better CX.
Colin Shaw is a globally-recognized leader in Customer Experience. In 2002, Colin founded Beyond Philosophy, a global customer experience consultancy specializing in helping organizations create deliberate, emotionally engaging customer experiences that drive value, reduce costs, and build competitive advantage. Beyond Philosophy has undertaken many Customer Experience initiatives with some of the world’s biggest companies, including American Express, FedEx, Maersk Line, Aflac, Aviva, T-Mobile and IBM.
Prior to launching Beyond Philosophy, Colin held a number of senior executive positions in Xerox, Mars and British Telecom (BT). He was ultimately appointed Senior Vice President of Customer Experience, where he led a team of 3,500 employees worldwide.
Colin is a thought leader at the top of his field, so don’t miss this chance to step up your game with your customers.
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are still feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- Why your customer experience has to be designed to evoke very specific emotions.
- Why companies that think customers make decisions only based on price or quality are sorely mistaken.
- How to tap into the intuitive decision-making faculties of your customers.
- How to understand the customer’s journey and use their perspective to shape your systems.
- The different personas that customers fall into and how this can change their experience of your business.
Key Resources for Colin Shaw:
- Connect with Colin: Beyond Philosophy | Twitter
- Amazon: The Intuitive Customer: 7 Imperatives For Moving Your Customer Experience to the Next Level
- Kindle: The Intuitive Customer: 7 Imperatives For Moving Your Customer Experience to the Next Level
- Ep #138: The Customer Loyalty Loop with Noah Fleming on The Brainfluence Podcast
- Thinking Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman
- The Customers’ Revenge from Dan Ariely
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below
Full Episode Transcript: