Heard the comment that “SEO is dead?” – guess again! Stephan Spencer, co-author of the 1,000 page tome, The Art of SEO, explains why search engine optimization is still one of the most important and flexible ways to drive traffic to your content online. This episode is packed with takeaways that will boost your traffic.
Stephan Spencer is an internationally recognized SEO expert and bestselling author. He is a co-author of the definitive tome on SEO, the 1000-page The Art of SEO: Master Search Engine Optimization, and has spoken at conferences around the country about traffic-building strategies.
In this interview, Stephan and I talk in depth about SEO and how it’s changing as technology evolves. Stephan also shares some of his favorite tools for optimizing your site, and we talk about how today’s SEO relies more than ever on psychology and persuasion.
Stephan is an SEO expert, consultant, and author who has spoken at hundreds of Internet marketing events, including all the major search & e-commerce conferences (SES, PubCon, and Internet Retailer to name a few).
SEO is a crucial tool for maximizing the impact and reach of your site, so don’t miss this chance to hear from an expert.
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are still feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- Why the claim “SEO is dead” is false, yet often deployed as click-bait.
- Why you absolutely must think of SEO before you build your website – and the time-consuming consequences if you don’t.
- Whether or not it’s necessary to optimize for search engines other than Google.
- Some of Stephan’s favorite SEO tools, and the low-down on Google’s new RankBrain algorithm.
- Why your SEO must focus on the right metrics, (i.e. dwell time) rather than unnecessary ones (like bounce rate).
- How social media engagement and the “linkerati” influence the links that Google pays attention to when optimizing search.
Key Resources for Stephan Spencer:
- Connect with Stephan: Website | Twitter | Stephan’s book download page (details in podcast)
- Amazon: The Art of SEO: Mastering Search Engine Optimization
- Kindle: The Art of SEO: Mastering Search Engine Optimization
- “SEO is not dead; it’s just a shape-shifter” by Stephan Spencer
- SEO Tools:
- Google Chromecast
- “All About Google’s RankBrain Algorithm” from Search Engine Land
- Jonathan Fields Speaks at INBOUND
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below
Full Episode Transcript: