Have you ever thought of marketing and meeting a romantic partner as two sides of the same coin? It might sound a bit strange (and maybe even funny), but today’s guest makes a great case for why the same persuasion principles apply whether you’re selling a product or trying to ask someone out.
Dr. Jonathan Mall is a computational neuropsychologist by training, but he now applies his knowledge to entrepreneurship. He founded Neuro-Flash.com to combine the power of science and big data with persuasion principles in order to hone effective marketing tools.
Jonathan and I volley back-and-forth in this episode, comparing the surprisingly similar processes of communicating with people and marketing to them. We go step-by-step through the journey of capturing someone’s attention, how to hold it, and how to persuade them to buy in to what you’re offering.
Jonathan turned his neuropsychology skills to business. Seduced by the opportunity to optimize consumer experience using machine learning, he led the Science team in a IBM Big Data Venture. Afterwards, he founded Neuro-Flash.com, a market research institute, using online experiments and Big-Data to illuminate the true drivers of desire and purchase behavior.
This episode is a bit different from our normal fare and packed with interesting insights about human behavior. Tune in below! And, for the free whitepaper, The 4 Step Guide for Seducing People and Consumers with Neuropsychology, check the resources section below!
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are still feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- Why humans are hardwired to respond to movement, and how to use this to your advantage when meeting people.
- Why Jonathan doesn’t like the scarcity persuasion technique, but nevertheless finds it useful.
- How to persuasively close the deal with a customer or leave a positive impression on someone you’ve just met.
- What your packaging should look like to have the highest chance of being picked up by your customer.
- Why it’s important to abide by social norms in networking and dating situations.
Key Resources for Jonathan Mall:
- Whitepaper: The 4 Step Guide for Seducing People and Consumers with Neuropsychology: https://neuro-flash.com/seduce/
- Connect with Jonathan: Website | Blog | Twitter
- Ep #143: Escape the Comfort Zone Trap with Andy Molinsky on The Brainfluence Podcast
- Tim Veninga
- Pre-suasion: A Revolutionary Way to Influence and Persuade by Robert Cialdini
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below
Full Episode Transcript: