My special guest this week is one that I have known online for years and am thrilled to bring to you for the first time in this format. Denise Lee Yohn is a consultant, speaker, author, and brand building expert. She was Sony Electronics Inc.’s first brand leader as Vice President and General Manager of brand and strategy. Denise has led brand strategy at ad agencies for accounts like Burger King, Land Rover, and Unilever, just to name a few.
Denise is a fellow Wiley author. Her book, What Great Brands Do: The Seven Brand-Building Principles that Separate the Best from the Rest, is celebrating its one-year anniversary. You can also find her writing in publications like Harvard Business Review, Forbes, SmartBrief on Leadership, GigaOm, and Advertising Age. As if that’s not enough, Denise has also been a guest author at Neuromarketing, with a great post on comparing levels of customer service to Maslow’s Hiearchy of Needs.
Listen in to learn from Denise’s years of research and hands-on experience to ensure your brand is known not only for your product, but your customer experience that will keep you in business for years to come.
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are still feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast, and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- Why some retailers are going back to using catalogs.
- How to use Denise’s “Brand as Business” mantra in your business.
- Why storytelling is essential to building a brand.
- How Kodak went from one of the world’s strongest brands to history in a few short years.
- The importance of design in building a brand.
- Connect with Denise: Website | Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | YouTube | Instagram
- What Great Brands Do
- Amazon: What Great Brands Do: The Seven Brand-Building Principles that Separate the Best from the Rest by Denise Lee Yohn
- Kindle: What Great Brands Do: The Seven Brand-Building Principles that Separate the Best from the Rest by Denise Lee Yohn
- Brainfluence Episode #34: Buyer Legends
- Signal v. Noise
- Jason Fried
- David Heinemeier Hansson
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below