Today, I’m excited to welcome Robbie Kellman Baxter to the show. Robbie is the founder of Peninsula Strategies LLC, a consulting firm founded in 2001 that helps companies excel in the Membership Economy. Peninsula has worked with companies ranging from smaller venture-backed startups to large organizations like Netflix, SurveyMonkey, Yahoo!, Oracle, and eBay.
Over the course of her career, Robbie has worked in, or consulted with clients in, more than 20 industries. In her new book, The Membership Economy: Find Your Super Users, Master the Forever Transaction, and Build Recurring Revenue, Robbie talks about the economic and technological elements that have led us to the Membership Economy and how different organizations capitalize on it.
Robbie joins us today to talk about the concepts laid out in her new book. She explains why almost any kind of business can, and should, lend itself to a subscription and membership model. Listen in to find out how businesses can start taking the membership approach and begin building the required community.
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are still feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast, and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- What the Membership Economy is.
- How the new virtual communities affect traditional membership organizations.
- How SalesForce gets their employees to volunteer for the company using their membership community.
- Who superusers are and why they are important.
- How businesses can start taking the membership approach.
- What “Forever Transaction” is and why you should consider building your business around it.
- Amazon.com: The Membership Economy: Find Your Super Users, Master the Forever Transaction, and Build Recurring Revenue
- Amazon Kindle: The Membership Economy: Find Your Super Users, Master the Forever Transaction, and Build Recurring Revenue
- Connect with Robbie: Email | Twitter | www.peninsulastrategies.com | www.membershipeconomy.com
- Subscribed conference
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below