David is the creator of the MindSight® emotional assessment technologies, a suite of applied neuropsychological methods for understanding consumer emotion and motivation. MindSight® is designed to help brands create an authentic personal connection with customers and analyze specific subconscious emotions that drive consumer behavior. David has won the Advertising Research Foundation (ARF) Great Mind award for that work.
I invited David to explain the technology and functionality of his unique emotional assessment technologies, as well as applications of the data it helps gather. We also discuss his idea of using a matrix to identify 9 basic motivations (see image) outlined in his new book, The Science of Why: Decoding Human Motivation and Transforming Marketing Strategy. Listen in to find out how, using David’s ideas, you can determine which of your potential customers’ motivations that will be most effective for marketing your brand.
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are still feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast, and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- How MindSight® technology works.
- Why David uses a 3×3 matrix to identify 9 human motivations.
- David’s description of the matrix of emotional motivators.
- The distinction between conscious and unconscious.
- How to figure out which motivations will be most effective for marketing your brand.
- The two barriers to emotional learning.
- Techniques Starbucks uses to emotionally connect with their customers.
- Amazon.com: The Science of Why: Decoding Human Motivation and Transforming Marketing Strategy
- Kindle Version: The Science of Why: Decoding Human Motivation and Transforming Marketing Strategy
- Connect with with Dr. David Forbes: Forbes Consulting | www.TheScienceOfWhy.com | Twitter
- Dunkin’ Donuts
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below