This week on The Brainfluence Podcast, our guest has an incredible story. Tim Grahl is a book marketing expert who has worked with many best-selling authors like Dan Pink, Charles Duhigg, Chip and Dan Heath, and many other names you’d recognize instantly. He is also the author of the book, Your First 1000 Copies: The Step-by-Step Guide to Marketing Your Book.
Tim is the president of Out:think, where he helps authors and writers create their platforms, connect with readers and sell more books. Just this spring, he had five clients on the New York Times best-seller list at the same time!
Today, you are going to discover the specific techniques Tim uses, and how they can work whether you’ve got a large audience or are just starting to build one. While Tim has had incredible success with his book clients, his tips and tactics can easily be applied to any event, product launch or introduction your business needs to succeed.
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are still feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast, and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- The #1 thing you need to start doing now.
- Tim’s definition of marketing.
- Why long form content can still be incredibly effective.
- Why you need to ignore what conventional wisdom says and do exactly what is best for your audience.
- Why Tim feels that building an audience on social media is a waste of time.
- Amazon: Your First 1000 Copies: The Step-by-Step Guide to Marketing Your Book by Tim Grahl
- Kindle: Your First 1000 Copies: The Step-by-Step Guide to Marketing Your Book by Tim Grahl
- Connect with Tim: Tim Grahl | Blog | Out:think
- Dan Pink
- Amazon: Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us by Daniel Pink
- Amazon: To Sell is Human: The Surprising Truth About Moving Others by Daniel Pink
- Amazon: A Whole New Mind: Why Right-Brainers Will Rule the Future by Daniel Pink
- Barbara Corcoran
- Amazon: Shark Tales: How I Turned $1,000 into a Billion Dollar Business by Barbara Corcoran
- Charles Duhigg
- Amazon: The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business by Charles Duhigg
- Chip and Dale Heath
- Zig Ziglar
- Gary Vaynerchuk
- Noah Kagen | OkDork
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below