This week on The Brainfluence Podcast, my guest has a truly impressive resume. Michael Port has been called “an uncommonly honest author” by the Boston Globe, a “marketing guru” by The Wall Street Journal, and a “sales guru” by the Financial Times. Michael is a NY Times bestselling author of six books, including Book Yourself Solid, The Think Big Manifesto and his upcoming new release, Steal the Show.
Interestingly, Michael is probably the only NY Times bestselling business book author to have also been a successful professional actor. He has guest starred on shows like Sex & The City, Law & Order, Third Watch, All My Children and in films like The Pelican Brief and Down to Earth. These days, Michael is still visible on TV, but in a totally different genre. He can regularly be seen on MSNBC, CNBC, and PBS as an on-air expert in communication and business development.
Michael joins us today to share his incredible journey from struggling actor to bestselling author and acclaimed speaker. His work in acting, coaching, public speaking and mentoring has enabled him to be on virtually every television network and a critically acclaimed keynote speaker. With his help, you can work past your fears and change your strategy of how you approach, practice and deliver the best speech of your life.
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are still feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast, and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- Why Michael feels that anyone can become an excellent public speaker.
- Who Michael intends to help with his book, Steal the Show.
- The two reasons that people are afraid of public speaking.
- Why you have to stop looking for approval from your audience.
- The five elements that need to be in place before you give your speech.
- Connect with Michael: Michael Port | Blog | Twitter | Facebook | Steal The Show
- Amazon: Steal the Show: From Speeches to Job Interviews to Deal-Closing Pitches, How to Guarantee a Standing Ovation for All the Performances in Your Life
- Kindle: Steal the Show: From Speeches to Job Interviews to Deal-Closing Pitches, How to Guarantee a Standing Ovation for All the Performances in Your Life
- Amazon: Book Yourself Solid: The Fastest, Easiest, and Most Reliable System for Getting More Clients Than You Can Handle Even if You Hate Marketing and Selling
- Kindle: Book Yourself Solid: The Fastest, Easiest, and Most Reliable System for Getting More Clients Than You Can Handle Even if You Hate Marketing and Selling
- Amazon: The Think Big Manifesto: Think You Can’t Change Your Life (and the World)? Think Again by Michael Port and Mina Samuels
- Kindle: The Think Big Manifesto: Think You Can’t Change Your Life (and the World)? Think Again by Michael Port and Mina Samuels
- Amazon: The Dip: A Little Book That Teaches You When to Quit (and When to Stick) by Seth Godin
- Psychological Science: Why Women Apologize More than Men: Gender Difference in Thresholds for Perceiving Offensive Behavior by Karina Schumann and Michael Ross
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below