Today, I am excited to bring you Loretta Graziano Breuning, Ph.D. Loretta is the founder of the Inner Mammal Institute, which provides resources which, she says, help people rewire their mammalian neurochemistry.
Loretta is a Professor Emerita at California State University, East Bay, and the author of Beyond Cynical and I, Mammal. Her latest book is Habits of a Happy Brain: Retrain Your Brain to Boost Your Serotonin, Dopamine, Oxytocin and Endorphin Levels.
Loretta writes the blog Your Neurochemical Self: Getting real with a 200-million-year-old brain on PsychologyToday.com. She has been interviewed on NPR, The Matt Townsend Show, and the AskAltucher podcast, and her work been featured in Psychologies and Real Simple magazines.
Turn up the volume and join us for an engaging conversation with Dr. Loretta Breuning about leveraging brain chemistry.
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are still feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast, and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- How Loretta became a Professor Emerita at a young age.
- How Loretta found a link between a wildlife documentary and a country song.
- The difference between a mammalian and reptilian brain.
- The four happy chemicals of the brain.
- Why we get a sense of satisfaction when we cross an item off a to-do list.
- Connect with Dr. Loretta Breuning: Inner Mammal Institute | Your Neurochemical Self | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | LinkedIn
- Amazon: Habits Of A Happy Brain: Retrain Your Brain to Boost Your Serotonin, Dopamine, Oxytocin, & Endorphin Levels by Dr. Loretta Breuning
- Kindle: Habits Of A Happy Brain: Retrain Your Brain to Boost Your Serotonin, Dopamine, Oxytocin, & Endorphin Levels by Dr. Loretta Breuning
- Amazon: I, Mammal: Why Your Brain Links Status and Happiness by Dr. Loretta Breuning
- Amazon: Beyond Cynical: Transcend Your Mammalian Negativity by Dr. Loretta Breuning
- Brainfluence Ep #33: The Chemistry of Influence with Paul Zak
- Daniel Kahneman
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below