Marc J. Epstein and Rob Shelton are co-authors and thought leaders in innovation. Considered one of the global leaders in governance, performance measurement, and accountability in both corporations and not-for-profit organizations, Marc was, until recently, Distinguished Research Professor of Management at Jones Graduate School of Business at Rice University. Rob is a globally recognized Silicon Valley-based consultant, author, and speaker on entrepreneurial excellence.
The duo joins the show today to share insights from their newest book, The Brilliant Jerk Conundrum, on how to handle a person in the office who is very annoying and unpleasant—but also very good at their job. Listen in to learn how to know when to step in and redirect a visionary, the importance of an active board, and what to do if you find yourself working for a brilliant jerk.
Learn how to handle a person in the office who is very annoying and unpleasant—but also very good at their job, with Marc J. Epstein and Rob Shelton, authors of THE BRILLIANT JERK CONUNDRUM. #leadership #visionary #uber Click To Tweet
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- How to know when it’s time to step in and redirect a brilliant employee.
- The importance of putting a process in place for employees to be able to speak up.
- Whether becoming a CEO changes certain people.
- Why it’s crucial to have an active board.
- How to enhance employees’ ability to be creative.
- What to do if you find yourself working for a brilliant jerk.
Key Resources for Marc Epstein and Rob Shelton:
- Connect with Marc Epstein: LinkedIn
- Connect with Rob Shelton: LinkedIn
- Amazon: The Brilliant Jerk Conundrum: Thriving with and Governing a Dominant Visionary
- Kindle: The Brilliant Jerk Conundrum
- The Conundrum Press
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below