Nancy Duarte is a communication expert who has been ranked in the top 100 of Women in Leadership and has been featured in many papers and magazines like Fortune, Forbes, and The Wall Street Journal. A leader in persuasion and the author of five bestselling books, Nancy has cracked the code for effectively incorporating story patterns into business communications.
In this episode, she shares insights from her latest work, DataStory: Explain Data and Inspire Action Through Story, and discusses what is changing in communication and persuasion during presentations. Listen in to learn what it takes to hold people’s attention, whether animation is the right way to keep things interesting, and more.
Learn how communication has changed and how to hold people's attention during presentations with @nancyduarte, author of DATASTORY. #communication #storytelling #persuasion Click To Tweet
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- How to hold people’s attention during a remote presentation.
- What is up and coming with PowerPoint.
- Nancy’s take on bringing animation into talks.
- Why top execs at big brands are becoming more like curators, rather than presenters.
- What a performance verb is.
Key Resources for Nancy Duarte:
- Connect with Nancy Duarte: Website | Twitter | LinkedIn
- Amazon: DataStory: Explain Data and Inspire Action Through Story
- Scott Harrison, CEO of Charity Water