Is it actually OK to discuss gender differences in the workplace? For years, the mere suggestion that men and women might think differently would have meant a mandatory sensitivity training session. Things are changing, though. Gender expert Barbara Annis provides breakthrough, science-based ideas and solutions that will improve results and maximize team performance.
Barbara is the founder and CEO of the Gender Intelligence Group (GIG). She works to build greater understanding of the unique differences that men and women bring to businesses. She encourages people to move away from the concept of “great minds think alike” to “great minds think un-alike”.
Recognizing and learning more about gender differences highlights important characteristics and strengths that benefit everyone.
Using scientific studies and data from clients, Barbara shows that it’s far better to understand gender differences rather than hide or ignore them. She encourages companies to do their research and check their assumptions. They should steer away from basing assessments and work expectations on “sameness.”
According to Barbara, the key to a diverse and effective work force is building on differences and strengths.
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are still feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- How understanding gender differences leads to a competitive advantage.
- How recent research has found important differences in male/female brain structure.
- How the male/female brain differences affect decision making.
- How to get your business moving toward better understanding and utilization of gender differences.
- How to manage and understand assumptions and biases.
- How mentoring can be made more helpful and effective for women and men alike.
Key Resources for Barbara Annis and Gender Intelligence:
- Connect with Barbara: Website | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Blog
- Amazon: Results at the Top: Using Gender Intelligence to Create Breakthrough Growth
- Kindle: Results at the Top: Using Gender Intelligence to Create Breakthrough Growth
- Global Risk Institute
- Amazon: Work With Me: The 8 Blindspots Between Men and Women in Business
- Kindle: Work With Me: The 8 Blindspots Between Men and Women in Business
- Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus by John Gray
- Mary Barra – CEO, General Motors
- Sallie Krawcheck
- The Psychology of Red Teaming with Bryce Hoffman on The Brainfluence Podcast
- One Minute Mentoring with Ken Blanchard on The Brainfluence Podcast
- Entrepreneurs’ Organization
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below