Before he became internationally recognized as one of the world’s foremost experts on body language, Joe Navarro was an eight-year-old refugee fleeing communist-controlled Cuba. In America, as a non-English speaker, he survived by observing others, eventually going on to lead a career as an FBI Special Agent studying and applying the science of non-verbal communication. From there, he went on to spend a quarter-century with the FBI, pursuing spies and other dangerous criminals across the globe.
In this episode, Joe describes how he has collected his hard-earned lessons in his new book, Be Exceptional, distilling his experience into five principles that outstanding individuals live by. He also shares why observation is the key to innovation, what the pandemic has taught us all about body language and facial expressions, and where he sees the future of business and personal communication going.
Learn how YOU can BE EXCEPTIONAL from FBI #bodylanguage and #nonverbal communication expert Joe Navarro, a.k.a. @navarrotells Click To Tweet
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- The challenges the last year presented due to the pandemic.
- Where Joe sees the future of communication headed.
- The communication attribute that makes for the best business person.
- How we can each become better observers.
- The benefits of making observation part of your daily routine.
- Why observation is key to innovation.
- How to translate observation into beneficial action.
- The importance of psychological comfort in life and business.
Key Resources for Joe Navarro:
- Connect with Joe Navarro: Website | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram
- Amazon: Be Exceptional
- Kindle: Be Exceptional
- Audible: Be Exceptional
- Amazon: Small Data: The Tiny Clues That Uncover Huge Trends
- Sizing People Up with Robin Dreeke
- Chris Voss on Negotiation: A Radical New Approach
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below
Full Episode Transcript: