John Padgett is a leader in transforming customer experience with technology. He is the Chief Experience Innovation Officer at Carnival Corporation—the operator of cruise lines like Princess Cruises, Holland America, Seabourn, and more—where he leads a team with diverse skills to create game-changing guest experiences.
A key player in the development of Disney’s MyMagic+ technology—which led to a $1 billion investment in technology infrastructure at Walt Disney World in Orlando—and Ocean Medallion—the first-of-its-kind wearable device that creates an interactive guest experience—John has 31 patent registrations and 92 trademarks to his credit. He has also won multiple innovation awards for wearable devices, experience itinerary scheduling, and optimization, digital experience interaction platforms, and operational processes.
Learn how innovative technology can dramatically improve customer experience with @JohnPadgett_, Chief Experience and Innovation Officer at Carnival Corporation. #customerexperience #innovation #CX Click To Tweet
In this episode, John shares how innovative technology can significantly improve customer experience, as well as the possibilities of applying similar technology in the broader world. Listen in to learn what companies should all keep in mind about keeping clients happy, the most important thing about any customer interaction, and what it really takes to create a frictionless experience.
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- What’s always most important when it comes to guest experience.
- John’s general rule of thumb about technology, automation, and keeping guests happy.
- How Disney’s MyMagic+ technology transformed the way guests experienced Disney World.
- What usually becomes the biggest challenge with creating a frictionless experience.
- A common myth about senior demographics and technology.
- The formula for maximizing guest experience.
- How the Ocean Medallion created personalization at scale in a way that had never been done before.
- Ways that similar technology could be applied to major hospital operations.
- The possibilities and challenges of applying this technology in the broader world.
Key Resources for John Padgett and this episode:
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below
Full Episode Transcript: