Jonah Berger is a marketing professor at the Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania, an internationally bestselling author, and a world-renowned expert on change, influence, and consumer behavior. Also a leader in how products, ideas, and behaviors catch on, Jonah joins the show today to share insights from his most recent book, The Catalyst, including how to start influencing and stop manipulating your customers.
Listen in as he explains why persuasion is so hard and why simply telling people the facts is not always enough. You’ll learn the importance of giving your customers and employees a choice instead of telling them what to do, the key to negotiation, and what it takes to get your customers to persuade themselves.
Learn how to start influencing and stop manipulating your customers with @j1berger, author of THE CATALYST. Click To Tweet
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- The difference between manipulation and influence.
- Why persuasion is so difficult.
- The key to negotiation.
- The importance of giving your customers a choice.
- How to get your customers to persuade themselves.
Key Resources for Jonah Berger:
- Connect with Jonah Berger: Website | LinkedIn | Twitter
- Amazon: The Catalyst: How to Change Anyone’s Mind
- Kindle: The Catalyst
- Audiobook: The Catalyst
- Audio CD: The Catalyst
Share the Love:
- If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below