Martin Lindstrom is the founder and chairman of Lindstrom Company, the world’s leading brand and culture transformation group. He has been named one of the “World’s 100 Most Influential People” by Time magazine, and for three years running, Thinkers50 has selected Martin to be among the world’s top 50 business thinkers. He is also a high-profile speaker and author of seven New York Times best-selling books.
In this episode, Martin explains why empathy levels are at an all-time low (thanks in part to Twitter character limits and even botox), as well as how common sense is disappearing along with it. Listen in to learn how we are increasingly falling victim to technology instead of using common sense and how the pandemic has changed the way we think about—and do—business.
Learn how common sense will fix your #CustomerExperience with @MartinLindstrom, author of THE MINISTRY OF COMMON SENSE. #CX #EX #redtape Click To Tweet
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- What the pandemic has changed about the way we do business.
- The difference between empathy and sympathy—and why it matters for the customer experience.
- Whether a lack of empathy on the part of executives is a personality flaw or a result of being removed from the customer experience.
- How a company can avoid getting caught up in too many nonsensical rules and red tape.
Key Resources for Martin Lindstrom:
- Connect with Martin Lindstrom: Website | Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube
- Amazon: The Ministry of Common Sense: How to Eliminate Bureaucratic Red Tape, Bad Excuses, and Corporate BS
- Kindle: The Ministry of Common Sense
- Audible: The Ministry of Common Sense
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below
Full Episode Transcript: