Nilofer Merchant is a master at turning seemingly wild ideas into new realities and showing the rest of us how we can do the same. Awarded the Future Thinker Award from Thinkers50 and named the #1 person most likely to influence the future of management in both theory and practice, Nilofer has been called the “Jane Bond of Innovation”—and for good reason.
She has personally launched more than 100 products, netting $18 billion in sales, and has held executive positions at everywhere from Fortune 500 companies like Apple and Autodesk to startups in the early days of the Web. Her ideas have been featured in publications like the Harvard Business Review, Forbes, and Wired, as well as in her TED Talk, “Got a meeting? Take a walk.”
In this episode, Nilofer shares insider expertise from her new book, The Power of Onlyness: Make Your Wild Ideas Mighty Enough to Dent the World, and explains how we can connect our ideas to the world around us and create change.
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- How to find your “onlyness” and use it to make a difference.
- Common characteristics among pioneers and people who affect change.
- The important lesson Nilofer learned about coercive power.
- How our preconceived notions of power and qualifications hinder innovation.
- Where innovation truly comes from.
- What Nilofer says has become the smoking of our generation.
- How “regular” people can make a difference in the world.
Key Resources for Nilofer Merchant:
- Connect with Nilofer Merchant: Website | LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook
- Amazon: The Power of Onlyness: Make Your Wild Ideas Mighty Enough to Dent the World
- Kindle: The Power of Onlyness: Make Your Wild Ideas Mighty Enough to Dent the World
- Audible: The Power of Onlyness: Make Your Wild Ideas Mighty Enough to Dent the World
- College Confidential
- “Got a meeting? Take a walk” TED Talk
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below