My guest today works at the intersection of artificial intelligence, neurochemistry, and human behavior. Ramsay Brown is Co-Founder and COO of Boundless Mind (formerly Dopamine Labs), where he and his team work on persuasive AI and behavioral design. A NeuroTechnologist trained at USC’s Brain Architecture Center, Ramsay worked on Brain Mapping and pioneered an app that was something like Google Maps for the Brain.
Learn how persuasive technology is shaping human behavior with NeuroTechnologist @RAB1138. #neurotechnology #neuroscience Click To Tweet
Ramsay is an emerging leader in Persuasive Technology & Neuroinformatics and has been featured on 60 Minutes, The Today Show, TechCrunch, Big Think, The Guardian, and GQ. In this episode, he shares how persuasive technology is shaping human behavior, what his company is doing to ensure they’re promoting change for the better, and how society as a whole can become more neuro-literate.
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- Two great things that building persuasive technology (and being open about it) does for society.
- A common pitfall of blind optimization and machine learning techniques.
- Why it’s important to build a neuro-literate society.
- What initiatives Boundless Mind has taken to combat technology addiction.
- How they determine good engagement vs. too much engagement.
- What dark patterns are and the problem with these techniques.
- The unethical practice that made Ramsey want to walk away from technology as a whole.
- Examples of positive habit and behavior changes that can come from neurotechnology.
Key Resources for Ramsay Brown:
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below
Full Episode Transcript: