Thomas Ramsøy is a leading expert on neuromarketing and consumer neuroscience. With an academic background in economics, neuropsychology, neurobiology, and neuroimaging, Thomas is the founder of the applied neuroscience company, Neurons, Inc., and the Center for Decision Neuroscience at the University of Copenhagen. He is active in publishing research in scientific journals and serves on the editorial board for leading journals such as Frontiers in Neuroscience, Scientific Reports, Journal of Marketing, and Journal of Consumer Psychology.
In this episode, Thomas shares a somewhat different application of neuroscience, as well as insights from his latest book, co-authored with Kyle Nel and Nathan Furr, Leading Transformation: How to Take Charge of Your Company’s Future. Listen in to learn how neuroscience can be applied to organizational change and innovation, the positive and negative implications of behavioral design, and what research tells us about the best way to produce positive change.
Learn how neuroscience can be applied to organizational change, transformation, and innovation with @tzramsoy, co-author of LEADING TRANSFORMATION. #change #habits #leadership Click To Tweet
If you enjoy the show, please drop by iTunes and leave a review while you are feeling the love! Reviews help others discover this podcast and I greatly appreciate them!
On Today’s Episode We’ll Learn:
- How neuroscience and behavioral science complement each other.
- Thomas’ take on the potential backlash about behavioral design.
- The impact smartphones have on concentration.
- How the state of consumer neuroscience and neuromarketing has changed in the last few years.
- Which consumer science tools Thomas used in his research and the distinct way he applied them.
- How ambiguous situations affect our brains.
- What research tells us about how subtle delays impact brand emotion.
- How implicit association tests work and what they could be great for measuring.
- Low-cost tools people can use to set up their own implicit association tests.
- What neuroprototyping is and how it can be used.
- How to produce positive change.
Key Resources for Thomas Ramsøy:
Share the Love:
If you like The Brainfluence Podcast…
- Never miss an episode by subscribing via iTunes, Stitcher or by RSS
- Help improve the show by leaving a Rating & Review in iTunes (Here’s How)
- Join the discussion for this episode in the comments section below